Monday, August 19, 2013

18.1 miles of pure running bliss. And audiobooks

Let me first start off by saying how proud I am of the fact that I remembered the word "audiobook" for the title of this little tid bit. For some reason I keep saying "book-on-tape", like it's 1980 and I'm running with my walkman strapped to my hand and wearing neon tights with a thong on the outside.

So the book-on-tape audiobook was a Fantastic idea and I highly recommend it! Those 18 miles felt like.... well, nothing. It was like listening to a book while I happened to be running for 3 straight hours. No big deal. I've found my new Saturday-long-run-day-tradition. And the great thing about audiobooks- they are sooooo long. Not like an awesome song that only lasts 4 minutes. Audiobooks last hours. And hours. 16 hours.
I decided to go with the Cuckoo's Calling. It was at the top of every bookly list I looked at so I jumped on that bandwagon. So far so good. *Sidenote: I did Tina Fey's audiobook too on a long car trip. I lol'd multiple times. So did my husband. But don't listen to it if your parents are in the car. Or your children are capable of understanding what she is saying.

Chicago Marathon is creeping up on me. It's two months away. Eek! I'll be good to go. I'm just nervous. But I have new running shoes which means I'm ready to take on the world! New running shoes are so delightful.



No comments:

Post a Comment