Friday, September 20, 2013

Countdown to Chi-town

I was just going to say that Chicago was 4 weeks away. Then I looked at the calendar and realized it's 3. Three weeks! I'm freaking out now. I can feel the anxiety building up as I type, so I opened the only medicine I knew would help settle me down.... the beer fridge. KC Pils it is. Did you know Boulevard Brewery makes a grape beer? I thought it would taste like grape juice trying to be a beer; which would be super gross. But it's not. It's more like if red wine and beer had a baby and that baby tasted like beer with an aftertaste of red wine. It's pretty cool. The guy in the gift shop said they should call it "Infidelity" and I think he's right.

I haven't been able to run this week. Monday we had a sick kiddo and I couldn't bring myself to leave her to go to speed session. I did manage to get 6 in Tuesday morning. And that's about it. My next run will probably be 22 miles on Sunday. 22. I don't think I even drive 22 miles during the week.

I'm still listening to the same audiobook and I still highly recommend it; in case you were wondering.

My dad went running with me this past weekend! It is nice to have company when you have a long run in front of you that you aren't super excited about :)

Back to the topic of speed sessions. A couple weeks ago they did a 1 mile time trial. I didn't know they were going to do this, but man am I glad they did. It was surprisingly fun! We split into 3 groups: A super duper fast group, a group that said their time would be sub-7:45, and everyone else. I ran with the sub- 7:45 group. Now guess what the "slowest" sub-7:45 runner's time was. Guess. 7:15. Bam! It was unreal to see and hear how fast everyone thought they could run and how they actually could run. I'll put myself in that group too. I thought I could run just under 7:00 and I ran sub- 6:30. Ridiculous and awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment