Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 1: Go Eileen Run!

Day 1: Saturday March 31st

I decided I'm going to mark my days by when I actually went running as opposed to calendar days. 

My goal was to run for 20 minutes.  I have enough of a running background to still be a snob about it- walking is unacceptable. 20 minutes was a good goal. 

This was my first run since the end of July 2011.  I had planned on running all through being preggo but that ended up not being possible.  The doc told me in August no running. I was 13 weeks preggo.  By the time I got the all clear to start up again I was 20 weeks along and officially out of shape.  I thought it was best not to start up until after the baby was born.  So here we are! 6 weeks post baby and run #1 in the books!

The beginning of the run was strange.  My legs were tight and it was weird to be running again. But that soon passed and I felt great! It was amazing to be out in the sun!  I started to feel like it was my first run at minute 19. I ended up running exactly 25 minutes (there I go setting the bar low for myself again). Don't ask how far I went, I have no idea.  I would be shocked if it was even close to 2 miles. My concern right now is time out running, not pace or distance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment