Monday, April 9, 2012

Day 3 Thursday April 5

This was one of those "put you in your place slap you across the face you're sooooo out of shape" kind of runs.  Allow me to elaborate.

It was an evening run.  I went out after the hubs got home from work.  We decided I should try and take our little 17.5 month old Beverly to see how she does.  She did great! The first 50 yards of the run were her laughing her little head off- greatest sound in the world! So that was awesome.  Now for the un-awesomeness.  The tires of the BoB were in desperate need of air, which I didn't realize until I was too far from home to be able to do something about it.  Have you ever tried to push a running stroller with almost-flat tires? It's like trying to push a couch across a sandy beach.  Seriously. 

First half of the run was pretty good. We were both in good spirits.  Then I turned around. Holy wind! Oh how easy it is to forget about the wind when you're running with it. So once 30lb Beverly, BoB with flat tires, wind, and I reached an uphill, I was done.  You know when you're running so slow that if you stopped to walk you'd actually be going faster than if you kept trying to run? Yeah, that happened.  So I walked the uphill then started running again.  We did walk one other time for about 2 minutes before finally making it home.

Lessons learned: Air up the tires and remember the wind!

No comments:

Post a Comment