Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 5 Wednesday April 11

Believe it or not, there wasn't anything flashy that happened while on this run.  Seriously.  No Chuck Norris, no scary dogs following me around, no outrageous wind.  That being said, here's the workout:

I ran. 2.5 or 2.3 miles depending on whether you believe my non-gps watch or one of those 'where did I run' websites. My pace was faster than 10 minute miles which is awesome in my book!
My watch seems to be .2-.3 miles off. I wouldn't mind as much if my watch said, "You ran 3 miles" and then the website was like, "No way watch, it was 3.3". I'd be like, "I'm a superstar and ran farther than I thought!". Unfortunately the conversation (yes, conversation) between watch, Eileen, and website looks more like this:

Watch: "You ran 3.57 miles already! Didn't that go by super fast? Good job Eileen, you can stop running now since you've gone way farther than you originally planned. You're a superstar!"
Eileen: "Thanks watch! I think I will stop running now. That felt great and it did go by fast!"
Website: "Of course it went by fast. You only ran 3.2 miles. Oh, and that pace your watch told you; yeah, that's wrong too.  You were running waaaaay slower."
Eileen: "......awesome................"

I think I should rename Watch. How about the Disappoint-inator.  You know, like disappointment but so extreme that it has to have a Terminator reference.

Final Thought: I really do love the watch, seriously! It's a Nike+Sportband and I feel super cool when I wear it.  I like what it does and love that Hubs bought it for me. Watch and I are just in the beginning stages of our relationship and working out the kinks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment